It’s World Mental Health Day and here at Sandwell College we have just trained 16 specialist mental health first aid trainers to help support students. It’s important to remember though that we are here for you throughout your whole stay at College – so you never feel alone.
Here are just a few examples of the support and well-being services we are able to provide for you:
- A listening ear from our mentors and counsellors
- BEAM based at Central St Michael’s Sixth Form every Tuesday evening
- An experienced Safeguarding Team and our student Safeguarding Champions
- Talks and advice throughout the year
- Sports and activities for your well-being
- Informative displays from White Ribbon
For more information on any of these services please speak to Angela Tombs, our Assistant Director – Head of Student Services, in the Hub at Central Campus.