We want to ensure the right level and type of support is in place for every one of our learners to be successful and treated as an individual. We believe that each student should be individually supported to grow and develop personally and professionally.
When you join us you’ll have access to a network of mentors and online 24/7 confidential counselling services for your emotional wellbeing, as well as a dedicated safeguarding team of staff, student-to-student safeguarding champions and your own personal tutor.
Our Multi Faith Chaplaincy is available for the pastoral care of everyone in the college community, regardless of their faith or beliefs, to provide care and support for your spiritual needs. Our Christian, Islamic and Sikh chaplains provide someone to talk to when you need a confidential ear, someone who can support you in emotional or spiritual issues, and – of course – someone to explore your faith with, while Prayer Rooms are provided for your quiet reflection and contemplation.
We want all of our learners to feel safe in College and we have a zero tolerance policy towards bullying and sexual harassment. A dedicated team of staff work throughout the campus to keep learners safe and secure and help them to settle into College life.
– The Hub is a one-stop shop for Welfare, Finance, Study and Support Services. It’s also the centre from where we run our library services, and includes a quiet-study zone.
– The Welfare Team is available to advise you on everything from personal problems and financial support to childcare and staying safe.
– The Student Support Team is there to help, support and guide you every step of the way. We’ll help you to find your classroom and tutors, help you with timetable queries, help you to access the right support, check you are well and feel safe, and help motivate you and encourage you to do well. We are friendly and approachable, and available on all floors.
– We offer you specialist support with dyslexia, additional learning needs and disabilities.
– Your own personal tutor will encourage and support you, discuss your progress and regularly review your goals with you.
Our Foundation Learning programme is ideal for learners who have a mild or severe learning difficulty, ADHD, autism, Asperger Syndrome, emotional difficulties, challenging behaviour or circumstances, or a physical disability, and need direct support within a discrete provision. The team specialises in progressing students on to our mainstream vocational courses.
For students who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and want to access mainstream provision to continue their studies, we can offer support to help you. For more information please click here.
For students who require support with English, please see our Study Support section.
For students whose financial circumstances may be a barrier to participating and succeeding in education, see our Financial Support section.
We take the welfare of all students and staff extremely seriously. If you have any concerns, please ask at Reception for support. You can also contact the safeguarding team at [email protected] or call 0121 556 6000 and ask for a Safeguarding Officer.
For all general enquiries, please freephone 0800 622 006.