Foundation Learning (SEND)
The Foundation Learning (SEND) team has many years’ experience of successfully helping students with SEND to gain a variety of qualifications, as well as the opportunity to undertake vocational courses in Hair and Beauty, Horticulture, Travel, Business, Catering, Art and Design, Drama, Sports, Animal Care and Childcare.
We have a range of programmes designed to cater for a wide range of students. The courses are full time – 4 days a week for 16-18 year-olds. Each programme comes with a high level of support that ensures each individual is given a learning experience appropriate to their needs.
For enquiries regarding Foundation Learning please contact [email protected] or call Bal direct on 0121 667 5050.
Top 10 Facts You Should Know About Foundation Learning
- Programmes of study are available from Entry Level to Level 1 and are tailored to your individual needs.
- We offer vocational qualifications in Hair and Beauty, Horticulture, Travel, Business, Catering, Art and Design, Drama, Sports, Animal Care and Childcare.
- Foundation Learning work with the Albion Foundation to promote disability sport inside and outside of the college.
- We deliver the Duke of Edinburgh Award (Bronze/Silver/Gold) as extra-curricular.
- Each student will have the opportunity to undertake a minimum of 30 hours of work placement each year.
- We are the longest serving member of the AoC Ability Counts League.
- We offer a 1 week residential to our learners every year to places including Butlins – Minehead or The Pioneer Centre.
- We have a successful student-lead Business Enterprise project, which now has its own online shops.
- We offer a variety of enrichment opportunities throughout the academic year including trips to the cinema, bowling, restaurants and Drayton Manor.
- We offer students the opportunity to progress on to our Supported Internships programme.
GOT A QUESTION?