This qualification has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in providing threading, and to enable you to perform your own salon services. This 23-week course runs Tuesday evenings, 5.30pm-8.30pm.
There are no formal entry requirements.
You will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety practices in a salon environment and how to promote client care and communications in beauty-related industries. You will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification. The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills in beauty therapy to a high level of occupational ability.
Your portfolio assessments will be assessed by your tutor.
You could progress to any of the following qualifications:
• Level 2 Award in Facial Massage and Skin Care
• Level 2 Award in Wax Depilation
• Level 2 Award in Sugaring Depilation
• Level 2 Award in Mendhi Skin Decoration
• Level 2 Award in Eyelash Perming
• Level 2 Award in Ear Piercing
• Level 2 Certificate in Depilation
• Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up and Beauty Consultancy
• Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up
• Level 2 Certificate in Make-Up and Manicure
• Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Services
• Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Techniques
• Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Beauty
This qualification may also lead directly into employment in the beauty therapy industry as a junior beauty therapist in a salon or self employment as a beauty therapist.