Are you looking for an opportunity to earn while you learn? Then an Automotive Apprenticeship is right for you!
On an Apprenticeship you can:
We offer a structured training programme for those in employment who want to learn and we work with employers to recruit Apprentices seeking an Apprenticeship placement.
The minimum entry requirements are as follows;
· English GCSE Grade 4/C, Level 2 Functional Skills, or equivalent
· Mathematics GCSE Grade 4/C, Level 2 Functional Skills, or equivalent
· Demonstrate a passion for motor vehicle industry
· Be at least 16 years of age
This course will allow you to:
· Develop a deep technical and diagnostic competence in response to the increasing complexity of vehicle technologies
· Establish sophisticated customer service behaviours
· Maintain the motivation and ability to contribute to the commercial success of their company
You will study the knowledge, skills and behaviours which includes:
· Health and Safety
· Vehicle Inspection
· Routine Vehicle Maintenance
· Engine Components, Lubrication and Cooling Systems (Engine Timing)
· Fuel, Air, Ignition and Exhaust
· Vehicle Chassis Systems inc Brakes, Suspension, Steering (4 Wheel Geometry/Alignment)
· Wheels and Tyres
· Intermediate Diagnostics
· Advanced Diagnostics
· Customer Service
The apprentice, employer and your assessor will maintain a logbook that demonstrates progress including:
· An on-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours
· Knowledge and understanding tests at milestones 1 and 2, known as 'Gateways'
· Comprehensive skills tests at Gateways 1 and 2
There will be a third check at Gateway 3. At this point, the employer and assessor must decide whether the apprentice can sit the End Point Assessment (EPA) and complete the course.
Success Rates on courses for 16-18 year-olds nearly 7% better than national average*