Inspiring young people to achieve
Work experience provides a vital opportunity for our 16-18 year old students to gain employability skills, enrich their learning and open their eyes to the opportunities ahead of them.
Central Campus is seeking work experience opportunities for 600 learners studying courses in Engineering, Construction, Business and Computing during the 2013/14 academic year. We need your help to achieve this target and give students the best start to their futures.
By offering work experience, you and your business can help lay the foundations for young people’s futures and gain benefits from the exercise yourselves.
Why should you offer work experience?
Benefits to your business:
• You can actively address skills shortages in the region.
• You can identify and inspire prospective future employees
• The opportunity for your staff to develop skills in supervision and delegation
• Knowledge and ideas transfer from students to your staff
• It raises the profile of your business in the community
• It can help you to achieve your CSR objectives by helping to reduce youth unemployment.
Benefits to students:
Work experience provides them with the knowledge, skills and experience to help them secure an apprenticeship, employment or Further/Higher education course following their studies.
• Work experience can motivate students to do well in their studies and give the opportunity to practise theory learnt in the classroom
• It provides students with greater knowledge of organisations and careers and can raise aspirations
• It is a great opportunity to practise and develop employability skills
• It builds self confidence.
There are a number of different ways you can help students to experience the world of work; please take a look at the Work Experience leaflet for more information. We would be delighted to hear from you if you can offer any of the options to our students.
Think you can help? Contact us via email@example.com.