• You must hold a Level 3 or equivalent qualification in the area you wish to assess.
• You must have access to two learners in a training establishment (college or training provider) who are taking a qualification.
• You must have a qualified assessor to be a mentor, who will countersign your work.
• There will be three theory sessions delivered to give the underpinning knowledge at the start of the course.
• There will be interim group tutorial sessions throughout the course to check on progression and portfolio building.
• Candidate assessors will have one to one tutorials and will be observed twice throughout the course.
This course will give you the qualification to either assess candidates in a training establishment or become a work based assessor in your chosen community.
This qualification gives you the opportunity to move forward to the Internal Quality Assurance course as a progression route.