Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility T Level: Supporting Healthcare - Sandwell College

Full Time

T Level: Supporting Healthcare


2 years

Central Campus


Course summary

T Levels signify a big change in technical education as they will become one of the main choices for students post-16, alongside A Levels and Apprenticeships. Equivalent to 3 A Levels, the two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to ensure the content prepares learners for the world of work and meets industry needs. Studying this course gives you: - A guaranteed place at University for completing the course - Experience of working with high-quality employers both locally and nationally - Innovative teaching and learning experience in our Health simulation suite - Chance to become a First Aider by completing a First Aid Course - Enrichment activity with a trip abroad

Course requirements

GCSE Grade 4 or above in Maths, English and Science

Around 80% of your time will be spent in the classroom with the remaining 20% being spent in an industry placement. You will attend College 3-4 days weekly.

The T Level is made up of four component parts, with the Technical Qualification being the substantial component:

  1. Technical Qualification
  2. Industry Placement
  3. Level 2 English and Maths
  4. Any other relevant industry qualifications deemed appropriate by the T Level employer

Units covered:

A1: Working within the health and science sector
A2: The healthcare sector
A3: Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
A4: Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
A5: Managing information and data within the health and science sector
A6: Managing personal information
A7: Good scientific and clinical practice
A8: Providing person-centred care
A9: Health and wellbeing
A10: Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
A11: Safeguarding
B1: Core science concepts
B2: Further science concepts
CS1: Demonstrate person-centred care skills
CS2: Communication
CS3: Team working
CS4: Reflective evaluation
CS5: Researching
CS6: Presenting

Further skills gained: checking and testing information • supporting points with evidence • self-directed study • self-motivation • thinking for yourself • analysing and synthesising information/materials • critical thinking and problem solving • working collaboratively • reflecting upon learning and identifying improvements • presenting information in written and verbal formats

The assessment consists of:

• Core component: 2 written examinations

• ESP (Employer Set Project)

• Occupational specialism component for Supporting Healthcare

• A case study assessment

• 2 practical activities assessments: one for the core Supporting Healthcare, and one for the occupational specialism

• A professional discussion


Career progression routes include:

Adult Nurse
Paediatric Nurse
Mental Health Nurse
Mental Health Practitioner
Leadership roles in Health
Healthcare Support Worker in Health Settings
Ambulance Care Assistant
Emergency Care Assistant
Allied Health Professionals

Employers involved with the course include:

· Sandwell and Birmingham NHS Trust
· Kaleidoscope
· Care organisation

To discuss your options direct with the course tutor email

[email protected]

Book now for our next open events! BOOK NOW

Build Your Prospectus Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter