This one-year course is for school leavers wishing to pursue a career in one of the Uniformed Public Services such as the Police Service, Fire Service, Royal Navy, Royal Marines, British Army, Royal Air Force, Prison Service, or UK Visas & Immigration.
You’ll need GCSE English and Maths at Grade 3 or Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1.
Example units include:
• Public Service Skills
• Careers in the Public Services
• Security in the Public Services
• Driving in the Public Services
• Physical Preparation for Entry to the Public Services
• Sport and Recreation
Activities and guest speakers include:
• A two-night residential
• Driving lesson
• Fire Service safety demonstrations
• Air Ambulance, RAF, Army, Police
• Various fitness classes at local gyms (trampolining, boxing, spin)
You will go on at least one residential, where you will be assessed in practical and vocational settings. Throughout your course, you will work alongside a range of Public Service professionals who support teaching, learning and assessment.
On successful completion of this course you can go on to study the Level 3 Diploma in Public Services. Alternatively, you could apply to join the uniformed public services.
Success Rates on courses for 16-18 year-olds nearly 7% better than national average*