This qualification is ideal for those seeking to enhance their functional role through the use of counselling skills. Learners will gain an understanding of a range of counselling skills and have the opportunity to examine some of the various schools of thought / theoretical models associated with them. This qualification does not qualify learners to practise as a counsellor. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. The Level 3 Daytime Course runs from 9am - 4pm (Sept - June). The Level 3 Evening Course runs from 5pm - 9pm (Sept - June). Course Cost £1500 - Advanced Learner Loan available.
• Learners must already have achieved a Level 2 qualification or similar
• Level 2 Mentoring subject to interview
• You must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of written English
• Any questions or further information contact : Lorraine.Phoenix@sandwell.ac.uk
This qualification aims to provide learners with in-depth knowledge of the use of counselling skills in everyday life and work and the approaches that underpin the use of these skills.
To be awarded the Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Developing counselling skills
• Unit 02 Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills
• Unit 03 Working ethically with counselling skills
• Unit 04 Counselling skills and diversity
• Unit 05 Counselling skills and personal development.
Evidence is all portfolio based. No Exam. Learners will be assessed through skills, practise activities, group presentations, case study/transcript and tutorial.
Learners are required to submit a completed portfolio at the end of the course.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to Level 5 counselling qualifications.
Previous Level 3 learners have secured places at University to complete Graduate Certificate, Degree and MSc in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Psychology.
Success Rates on courses for 16-18 year-olds nearly 7% better than national average*