You will need GCSEs at Grade C or above, including English and Maths, or a Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care.
You will work with an employer for 4 days a week and attend College one day a week to study for a Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator). This will include topics on:
• Child Development from Conception to Seven Years
• Children’s Health and Well-being
• Providing Safe Environments for Children
• Child Health
• Play and Learning
• Children’s Additional Needs
• Observation, Assessment and Planning
• Employment Responsibilities and Rights.
In addition to completing written, oral and online assessments, you will be assessed in the workplace and by producing a portfolio of work.
Successful apprentices go on to work in early years education and may wish to progress to a Foundation Degree in Childhood Studies.
100% Pass Rate on 17 different A-Levels