This qualification covers the use of a variety of consultation techniques to establish the treatment and outcomes required by the client. You will need to be able to provide eyebrow shaping and artificial lash treatments using a variety of work techniques. You will also need to be able to tint eyebrows and lashes for clients with different colouring characteristics (ie fair, red, dark and white).
To carry out this qualification you will need to maintain effective health, safety and hygiene throughout your work. You will also need to maintain your personal appearance and good communication with the client.
The main outcomes of the qualification are:
1. Maintain safe and effective methods of working when enhancing the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
2. Consult, plan and prepare for the treatment with clients
3. Shape eyebrows
4. Tint eyebrows and lashes
5. Apply artificial eyelashes
6. Provide aftercare advice
Your portfolio and practical assessments will be assessed by your tutor.
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study. Qualifications you could progress to include:
• VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy (General)
• VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Make-Up)
Success Rates on courses for 16-18 year-olds nearly 7% better than national average*