You will need to have GCSE Grade 4 or above in English and Maths.
• Health, Safety & Hygiene
• Consultation techniques and client care
• Manicure treatments
• Pedicure treatments
• Promote and encourage beauty retail sales
• Display stock to promote beauty sales
• Process payments for beauty purchases
• Gel polish applications
• Nail art services
• Provide and maintain gel nail enhancement
• Provide and maintain nail wrap enhancement
• Anatomy and Physiology for beauty therapists
There are lots of opportunities to participate in enrichment trips including Harry Potter World, Drayton Manor and the NCF Hair and Beauty competitions in Blackpool
Practical elements of the course will be assessed in our state-of-the-art salons on the fifth floor within the college. You will be assessed on a service portfolio (coalition of learner’s work throughout the course). Practical exams make up 50% of the grade for each unit studied. There are two exams that are completed online with the opportunity to retake a second time if required. All exams are marked externally by the awarding body and make up 30% of the grade. A practical synoptic exam equates to 20% of the final grade which will be Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction *.
You can progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Beauty - General Massage. You can also progress to the Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing or Nails, or you can upskill by studying one of our specialised short courses.