This qualification develops school leavers' and adults' skills in tanning application and beauty therapy, and provides the foundation for further learning. This 10-week course runs Thursday evenings, 5.30pm-8.30pm.
There are no formal entry requirements.
This qualification has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills to provide self tanning services to specific areas of the body (not full body).
You will learn about manual and spray tanning treatments and how to use professional tanning products, tan gun and compressor. You will also learn about the contra-indications to tanning treatments, key ingredients and the benefits of the treatment.
Your practical and written portfolio assessments will be assessed by your tutor.
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will have the opportunity to progress to the following VTCT qualifications:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy (General)
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Make-Up)
There are also opportunities to progress to the following specialist VTCT vocationally related qualifications:
• Level 3 Award in Tanning Treatments
• Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Techniques
• Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-Up
• Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Specialist Techniques
• Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up and Beauty Consultancy
• Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up
• Level 2 Award in Mendhi Skin Decoration