This is an excellent opportunity for school leavers wishing to become electricians. This full-time course is designed to give you an introduction to electrical installation theory as well as application in practical skills. Successful completion of this Level 1 programme means you can then progress to Level 2.
You'll need to complete an initial assessment and have a minimum Grade 3/D in GCSE Maths and English.
During the course you will study the following modules:
• Fundamental safe working practices
• Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
• Electrical science and technology
• Communication skills
• Installation of wiring support systems and circuits
• Structure of the construction industry
• Site preparation for working in the construction industry
• Electrical installation wiring and terminations
• Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
You'll be studying the theory of electrics and completing practical tasks in our workshops, and you'll also cover electrical regulations that govern electrical installations.
Through theory tests and practical assessments which include continuous assessment and portfolio building throughout the course.
The career of an electrician can be rewarding and you could earn up to £50,000 a year! After completing Level 1 & 2 programmes, there may be opportunities to progress to apprenticeships in electrical installation.