Access to a camera (a camera with optional manual controls is recommended), basic computer skills, enthusiasm.
A formal interview is not necessary for this course. Please email the course tutor Ian Fletcher direct at email@example.com
This 10-week course runs on Wednesday evenings.
Topics covered include:
• Camera controls, including ISO, white balance, exposure modes (PSAM), etc.
• What the different controls are for, and how to use them effectively.
• Exposure: getting it right, what to look for and how to control it.
• Lenses, focal lengths and zooms, angle of view, perspective, focussing and depth-of-field.
• Visual skills, including composition, viewpoint, and how to get better pictures.
• Introduction to studio photography.
You will produce a portfolio of images.
After completing this course, you might consider our intermediate evening course.
To discuss your options direct with the tutor email firstname.lastname@example.org