You need your own camera (one with the option for manual control is recommended); basic computer skills to access the course online and to upload images; and enthusiasm!
This 10-week course runs on Tuesday evenings from 21st September to 30th November.
Topics covered include:
• Visual skills, including composition, viewpoint, and how to get better pictures
• Camera controls, including ISO, exposure modes (PSAM), white balance, etc.
• What the different settings are for, and how to use them effectively
• Exposure: getting it right, what to look for and how to control it
• Lenses, focal lengths and zooms, angle of view, perspective, focusing and depth-of-field
• Intro to studio photography
You will produce a portfolio of images.
After completing this course, you might consider our intermediate evening course.