This course is for people who want to develop their photography beyond the basics by exploring new skills and techniques.
Enthusiasm is essential! You also need an understanding of basic camera controls, and evidence of a range of images that you have produced previously. Basic computer skills are needed to access the course online and to upload images. It would be an advantage if you had also completed the Introduction to Photography course.
Times: Wednesdays, 6.00pm–9.00pm
Topics covered include:
• Studio photography development, including set-up, backgrounds, lights and accessories
• Studio subjects, including people and objects
• Continuous lighting and flash lighting equipment, how they work and how to use them
• Controlling and shaping light, including reflectors and diffusers
• Food photography
• Experimental studio-based photography using constructed light
• Experimental location work using techniques to change and modify light
You may wish to continue to the Advanced Photography evening course.