If you want to gain experience relevant to the real world of work, and learn the practical and essential vocational skills required for success in the emergency services or a career in law, this is the course for you! We'll also support you with the recruitment process and completing your applications.
You’ll need GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4.
In our Academy you’ll study units and activities chosen to enhance your employability within the Public Services. You’ll work with the Public Services professions on a regular basis throughout your course, allowing you to develop the personal qualities, knowledge and range of skills appropriate to the Public Services you’re interested in.
You'll be able to:
• Do regular work with the Prison Service and local emergency services, particularly West Midlands Police
• Take part in desk top scenarios such as planning the management of an emergency incident and terrorism
• Complete additional qualifications such as First Aid and Mental Health Awareness
• Visits to Parliament, local prisons, police and fire stations
• Volunteering alongside the police
• Opportunity to become a Junior Street Warden or be part of the Stop and Search Scrutiny Panel
Possible Careers: Police, Fire Service, Ambulance Service, Prison Officer, Probation, Security, Immigration
Success Rates on courses for 16-18 year-olds nearly 7% better than national average*