This Level 2 certificate can be useful for those who currently work with, or would like to work with individuals with learning disabilities. This qualification helps to explore and further develop knowledge with the support a person can provide. The qualification can help those with careers within the healthcare sector, education sector and social care sector; it will also help your employer to meet the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated activities) Regulations 2014.
Students will need good literacy skills.
You will work with others on identifying different contexts for learning support, identifying values and principles which underpin learning support, and describing the key responsibilities of a learning support practitioner throughout a learning programme. You will cover units in:
• Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
• Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
• Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
The course is held every other week over 29 weeks and the cost is £500.
You will be assessed on a portfolio of work you will have built up throughout the year.
The Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities is for those wanting to teach in the sector.
100% Pass Rate on 17 different A-Levels