This course is for students of all ages who have already achieved their Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants and want to progress in the dog grooming industry by becoming professional stylists or salon managers, starting their own dog grooming business, or going into dog grooming assessing/teaching.
City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants. You will also need to purchase full grooming kit and uniform.
Units to be completed include:
• Health and safety, legislation, and codes of practice for the dog grooming industry
• Styling and finishing a dog
• Health checking and handling a dog in a dog grooming environment
• Customer service and record keeping in a dog grooming environment
• Synoptic assignment - students are required to groom four dogs with a variety of coat types
Assessment methods used on this course are written exams, assignments, and practical observations.
Assessment is by a mixture of written exams, assignments, practical observations and question papers.
You can work as a dog grooming salon stylist, open your own dog grooming business, or become a salon manager.
100% Pass Rate on 17 different A-Levels