You must hold a Level 2 in Beauty Therapy.
• Health and Safety
• Client Care and Consultation
• Maintain Personal Health and Wellbeing
• Swedish Massage Therapy
• Explore the Origins of Massage and Principles of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
• Apply Stone Therapy Massage
• Provide Indian Head Massage
• Provide Massage with Pre-blended Oils
• Anatomy and Physiology for the Face and Body Systems
There are lots of opportunities to participate in trips to venues including Harry Potter World, Drayton Manor, Blackpool NHF Hair and Beauty Competitions and Hair and Beauty UK.
Practical elements of the course will be assessed in our state-of-the-art salons on the fifth floor within the college. You will be assessed on a service portfolio (coalition of learner’s work throughout the course). Practical exams make up 50% of the grade for each unit studied. There are two exams that are completed online with the opportunity to retake a second time if required. All exams are marked externally by the awarding body and make up 30% of the grade. A practical synoptic exam equates to 20% of the final grade which will be Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction *.
Upon completion of this qualification you may be able to progress to the Assessors A1/A2 Award or a Certificate in Education, or gain employment in a beauty salon or spa.
Success Rates on courses for 16-18 year-olds nearly 7% better than national average*