This course is for photography enthusiasts who want to develop new knowledge and skills based on personal development of themes explored in the earlier levels.
Dedication and enthusiasm is essential! You should also be familiar with essential camera and lighting techniques. You should be able to show a range of previously produced images, and you need some computer skills to explore post-production techniques. Previous completion of the Intermediate Photography course is recommended for entrants at this level.
Times: Tuesdays, 6.00pm–9.00pm
Topics covered include:
• Personal project development and guidance
• Using flash on location
• Fashion photography
• Image processing, including basic corrections and retouching
• Montage and blending techniques
• Case studies of contemporary photographers’ work and methods
• Re-creations of classic photos using advanced camera and lighting skills
• Portfolio building: creating a collection of work for online and printed output
Projects will be set and reviewed regularly. You need to allow personal time for these.
A College Certificate is awarded on completion.
Success Rates on courses for 16-18 year-olds nearly 7% better than national average*