Health and Social Care

Here at Sandwell College we have a range of Health and Social Care courses for people interested in entering a vast range of rewarding careers. You may wish to complete your qualification and then continue to employment as our courses are all nationally recognised by employers. Many of our students decide to progress to Higher Education, and recently 97% of Access to HE learners achieved undergraduate places at University, and the other 3% entered employment!

Here are just some of the vast career options you will have:

  • Nursing
  • Midwifery
  • Social Work
  • Public Health
  • Counselling/Psychologist
  • Youth Work
  • Paramedics
  • Radiography
  • Nutritionist/Dietetics

Health and Social Care is the second biggest employment sector in the UK, and the NHS is the fifth biggest employer in the world. This means that your employment prospects are very promising! Whichever level you study at, you will complete a work placement in a Health and Social Care setting including hospitals, GP surgeries, children’s centres, adult care centres, mental health centres, special educational needs centres and pharmacies. Some of our placements are with:

  • Action 4 Bullying
  • BUPA care homes
  • Age UK
  • BUDS
  • British Red Cross
  • Kaleidoscope
  • Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals and Dudley Group NHS

We are very proud of our Health Advisory Board, which includes members from various Health and Social Care settings in the local area. Our members are very generous with their time and provide enrichment activities, including trips, to our students. Some of our members include:

  • Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital
  • West Midlands Ambulance Service
  • Sandwell Clinical Commissioning Group
  • Camino Healthcare
  • BUDS Dementia Care

If a career in Health and Social Care is for you, we would love to help you get there. Whatever grades or experience you have, we have a pathway for you.




Book now for our next open events! FIND OUT MORE

Build Your Prospectus Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Call Us