You will need 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications. You must also demonstrate a high level of commitment and enthusiasm during the interview process.
You must purchase a college Travel uniform, which you will be expected to wear during all lessons at college.
Over the academic year students will complete 3 vocational qualifications:
• BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Travel and Tourism
Plus two of the following industry led vocational qualifications:
• NCFE Level 2 Award for Preparing to Work in the Cruise and Passenger Shipping Industry
• NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew
• NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Aviation Operations on the Ground
• NCFE Level 2 Award for Resort Representatives
On top of these formal qualifications, you are also required to complete 30 hours of work experience. Previous placement providers include Co-op Travel, Thomas Cook, Black Country Museum and The Hyatt.
Assessments are assignment-based through coursework, log books, practical observations, etc, with no formal exams.
Following successful completion of this one-year course, you will be equipped to apply directly for jobs within the Travel and Tourism Industry. If you wish to continue your studies, you can progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism, which is equivalent to 2 A Levels.
100% Pass Rate on 17 different A-Levels