This Level 2 award can be useful for those wishing to try out a disabilities support role and for others who have learning support as a small part of their wider work. The qualification can help you in your career as a health care assistant or care worker; it will also help your employer to meet the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated activities) Regulations 2014.
Students will need good literacy skills.
You will work with others on identifying different contexts for learning support, identifying values and principles which underpin learning support and describing the key responsibilities of a learning support practitioner throughout a learning programme. You will cover units in
• Understanding the context of supporting individuals with learning disability
• Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• Understanding physical disability
• Awareness of models of disability
• Understanding mental health conditions.
The course is held once a week over 15 weeks. Cost is £500.
You will complete a written assignment.
The Award in Education and Training for those wanting to teach in the sector.
100% Pass Rate on 17 different A-Levels