Learners tell us that they choose to come to Sandwell College because it has a good reputation, good facilities, good teaching and support, and is friendly. It’s also in a convenient location.
(Survey of one thousand one hundred and forty nine learners, October 2013.)
98% of learners feel that their course is teaching them things that they will find useful in the future.
99% feel that their course will enable them to achieve their career goals.
98% of learners feel confident that they are developing the right skills to achieve their career goals.
Safety and Respect:
96% of learners feel safe and protected from harm.
97% of learners feel that they are treated with respect by staff.
96% of learners feel that they are treated with respect by other learners.
98% of disabled learners feel safe in the College.
96% of these learners feel that they are treated with respect by staff and learners.
96% of learners who have indicated that they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or who prefer not to say, say that they feel safe within the college.
96% of these learners say that they are treated with respect.
100% of VAS learners say that they feel safe and that they are treated with respect.
Teaching and Learning:
96% of learners indicated that their lessons are varied, interesting and keep their attention.
98% of learners say that they are happy with their course.
96% of learners indicated that feedback on their work helped them to clarify things which they did not understand.
100% of learners are happy with the quality of their course.
99% of learners indicated that they receive good support and advice
How we listen and what we do after we have listened to you:
During the student survey, learners said that they can be involved in college decisions. This is why:
• We have 2 online surveys each year where we ask questions about your views. We use this feedback to improve the college.
• We also listen to the course reps who have termly meetings.
• Our Students Union tell us what we do well and how to improve.
• Our student Governors meet with other Governors and the Principal.
• Learners are invited to Managers’ meetings.
This is what we have done as a result of what you have told us:
• We have decided to carry on giving free bus passes to 16 – 18 learners next year.
• We have built new rooms across the college, where you told us that classrooms were noisy.
• We have installed a new computer room on the lower ground floor because you wanted more access to computers.