Who is this course for?
The course is ideal for:
- suitably experienced or qualified employees, who are required as part of their role to mentor new or developing staff in their workplace
- learners aged 16 + who can mentor and support their course peers
- public, private or voluntary and community sector workers
Formal Entry Requirements
There are no specific requirements for this course but you may find it helpful if you have already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
What does the course involve?
You will gain a deeper understanding of the role of a mentor and develop the skills needed to become an effective mentor. Our course tutors will help you to gain insight into the role and practice of mentorship; be clear about mentor/mentee relationships; ensure you follow good practice; develop the specific skills and understanding you require to mentor; reflect on your own learning and work performance; understand the benefits of mentoring; and understand legal and ethical mentoring requirements.
As part of the qualification you will study three mandatory units:
- The role of a mentor
- Preparing for the role of a mentor
- Demonstrating mentoring skills and techniques
How will I be assessed?
You will create a portfolio of evidence, which could include items such as witness testimonies, worksheets and reports.
Where can I go next?
You could go on to further vocational Level 2 qualifications, or you may wish to progress to a Level 3 Mentoring or Coaching course.